|Family Enrichment activity began in the mid-sixties with the development of support programs for parents based on the case method: a useful way of promoting dialogue about real situations which avoids imposing our own ideas or dismissing other people’s.|
After more than 30 years experience of carrying out these courses, the International Federation for Family Development was founded in Orlando (Florida).
The headquarters is in Spain, where the first courses started.
IFFD in ten points
1. We are a Federation of non-governmental, non-denominational, non-profit, independent and private Family Enrichment centers.|
2. We work in 71 countries on the 5 continents.
3. Our mission is to empower families around the world; we do not discriminate by race, color, religion, gender, or country of origin.
4. Our experience shows that parents need to learn how to fulfill their task. Both parents are meant to be involved in our programs, so that each one makes their own contribution at an individual, parental and family level.
5. Our courses use the ‘case method’, which promotes dialogue about real situations without imposing our own ideas or dismissing what others may think.
6. Our moderators are volunteers who don not act as teachers, but as parents who are experts at facilitating and guiding these debates in small groups.
7. The courses are aimed at groups of parents with children of the same age, and are focused on acquiring appropriate skills for that stage of development.
8. Through our advocacy professional activities, we aim to integrate a family perspective into national, regional and international development agendas through the design and implementation of evidence-based laws, policies and programs.
9. We organize regional and worldwide congresses, which reinforce our identity and help us to share knowledge and best practices.
10. We also promote research projects and other activities to raise awareness of scientific findings and publications to disseminate them.
|Last IFFD International Congress (London, 2019)...|